Team Horizon Walkathon – GOOOAAAAL!
The walkathon is Horizon PTO‘s primary fundraiser each year. This year we hope to raise enough money to sponsor an all-school family literacy project, fund field trips, and provide teachers with grants for educational items they can use in their classrooms. Last year we raised over $17,000 and were able to purchase new white-board topped tables for all classrooms to aid learning. We also funded a Reflex Math fact fluency program for all students, sponsored a financial literacy trip for all 5th graders, purchased classroom furniture for active learners, books for the library, and much more!
Pledge Collection Dates: Friday, September 6th to Friday, September 20th
Check with your employer to see if they match gifts given to accredited public schools and fill out the appropriate documentation to have your pledge matched. Students who include a corporate match form to our Parent Teacher Organization or proof a match was submitted will receive credit toward fundraising total. Find the list here.
- This is a flat donation fundraiser (collected before our Walkathon event). We will not be doing pledges “per lap”, etc.
- Please turn in the Progress Ticket on September 13th so we can tell the students how they are doing so far. The classes are trying to raise $1,000. You do not need to turn in any money at this point.
- Help give your children ownership of this fundraiser. Make sure they know that the money raised is used to enhance their school experience. Encourage them to trade chores for donations, make a craft, phone a grandparent, and ALWAYS say thank you!!
- Remember to check with your employer to see if they participate in a corporate match program. Many companies will match donations 1:1!! We have a list of some companies who have participated in the past. Click on this link to check it out: Charitable Match Programs
- Please turn in all donations and your pledge form by Friday, September 20th. Before you turn in your form, please check to make sure all information is complete – thank you!!
- The Walkathon (a fun fitness-focused celebration) will take place at 2:30pm on Thursday, October 3. We will need several volunteers, so mark this date on your calendars and be on the lookout for opportunities!
- HAVE FUN!!
We truly appreciate your support with this event! Your donations help us fulfill our purpose of creating the best possible learning experience for each child at Horizon!!
Questions? Please contact Christie at email@example.com